Nowadays everyone is holding a camera or phone to capture the view during their trip. A good video clip helps us to record down the nature and beauty on what we have seen. In order to edit a good travel video, smooth and meaningful video clips are required and you just need to follow the steps below:
- Study up on Cinematography and Framing a Video. Basic Knowledge will do. Learn different camera angles and watch travel videos on youtube to know what style you want.
- Think of a story you want to share to the audience. Why do you want to record your trip? What do you want to show?
- Always set your Camera Frames per second (FPS) to 60fps and with a resolution of 1920×1080. This would make the final video look more professional and sleek. Ask the person in charge of the camera on how to change the settings.
- DO NOT ever record in portrait view. This would ruin the video. You have never seen a movie in portrait view.
- Always use a tripod or monopod or whatever you have. Don’t use your hands because the video would be shaky. Trust me, no matter how steady you think your hands are, it will still shake and ruin the clip.
- Have fun while you or your friends are on camera. Don’t look like you’re not having a good time. Smile and candid shots are what sells the experience. The viewer would know you really had a good time and not faking it. Just be yourself.
- Do not go crazy with recording. I know you want to record everything but you should save up on memory too. Always check if you still have some memory left.
- Take good shots. No matter how good of a video editor you have, if the raw clips you provide are not good, then don’t expect a nice output. On the other hand, If you provided awesome, amazing clips, then expect for the final video to blow you away.
For more guidelines,